Organizational Relief Efforts for Katrina victims

Hi All,

If this has been posted already, I apologize in advance. Can you tell me if any of you are putting into place any organization-wide efforts to assist in helping the hurricane victims? I understand that at this point, money is the main need, but I wanted to see if there is anything else organizations can and are assisting with.

Thanks in advance,
Jez

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • See Hr-de-har-har section: "A Challenge"
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-08-05 AT 11:31AM (CST)[/font][br][br]It is awesome that so many are reaching out to help.

When you are rebuilding several cities, towns, and everything else in an area the size of Kansas, everything is needed.

Lots of private organizations, churches, Lions clubs, etc. are putting together truckloads of items to take into the area. These groups are hooking up with the associated organizations in the area so they have a direct distribution link to those in need.

Roofing materials, diapers, food and water, generators, chainsaws - the list is enourmous. Rather than reinvent the wheel, perhaps you could contact these types of organizations in your community and join their effort.

Our community is taking 300 evacuees - we are approaching this as a permanent addition and working to get them jobs, get the kids in schools, etc.

Plenty for all to do for a good long time.

Edit: Just read Don's post

"What to send" in the Har de har section - now there is a ready made list and a distribution center.

Thanks Don - this makes the helping more personal.