WC Information

I have just received a request for pay/schedule information on an employee that is under Worker's Comp restricitons by another company. She has been working full time with us and we were not aware that she was under any WC restricitons with another employer.
My question is this: Should I supply the information to the WC Insurance Company that is investigating the employee's WC case? Is this a Privacy issue that the employee must authorize release of the information. I am reluctant to send any information to anyone other than the employee.
Thanks
ERS

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would probably just go see them on the floor and tell them what I got. Ask them if it's ok to send it. If they say no tell the insurance company what you've done and the ball is in their court. If they say yes, get them to sign something and send it on.

BTW, do you get into any post-offer health info? They may have lied and you may have an opening for a termination.
  • We do have post hire health information and thank you for mentioning that. This employee has been with us for a couple of years and had a second job which is where she had the accident. From what I understand it wasn't too long ago.
    Thank you and here is what I will do. I will call the employee and let her know what's up and go from there. Very simple solution but I couldn't see the forest through the trees.
    Thanks
  • You may be ok with her working for your company. May be she was injuried at her old job and can no longer do this particular job (due to her injury) or may be just decided to quit old job. However, your job may not require the same physical qualifictions as her old job, so she can do your job. However, if she is being paid W/C indemnity and you are paying her, this is a different matter. They may owe her the difference if she took a loss in pay. You should be able to release this info to the w/c company.
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. You may need to just ask her that due to the information you now have (she was hurt in prior work accident), you just needed to know if she had any limitations or needed any special accommondatons to accomplish her present job.
    E Wart