Help!

We have a situation here that I need your help on. We went to an HDHP effective July 1. I went through all the steps of going to all the facilities throughout the state informing them of the change, I had the broker come along and he answered all questions. The moment I knew we were selecting the HDHP I began to let the Director's know and I began to help the Director's that had concerns about their personal benefits as well as general concerns for employees. I worked with one Director especially because she has a husband who is disabled. I knew she was concerned so I kept working with her and getting any information she needed.
We informed all staff that the change was effective July 1 and any changes that they wanted to make to benefits needed to be submitted by the end of June. All meetings took place the first week in June. I requested all signed deduction forms sent to me by X.
Long story short the Facility Director never sent in her paperwork. She now calls me after the policy is in effect and tells me that she wants to take her family off. I can work with this but she has been a real problem with the company since the change and is causing real turmoil in the Facility she manages.
The VP wants to give her a 3-day leave to decide if she wants to accept the changes or leave the company.
My question is this: I am a little nervous about using insurance benefits and her attitude about them as a Decision Taking Leave because of the confidential nature of the health of her family members.
Any ideas on how we can legally approach this without fear of lawsuits.

Comments