Pt vs FT in Kansas

Is there anything in print that defines full time versus part time for Kansas?

Thanks!
Balloonman

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-14-06 AT 02:29PM (CST)[/font][br][br]For what it's worth, BMan, there are no federal laws that define this. It's up to the employers. Here in the Land of 10,000 Legislators That Would Look Fitting Wearing Balloon Animal Hats there is no definition either. That's only because the elected elite have not discovered this virgin, unregulated territory yet. They're still deep in session trying to decide if gas station owners should round there prices using whole numbers and not tenths of a cent. You gotta believe me. I don't make this stuff up.

My point is, if WE'RE not regulating it, nobody probably is.

Do we have any KS forumites?
  • Yes, hopefully Nae will weigh in. I haven't heard of any defining criteria other than the insurance contract and benefits policies.

PS - Larry, I hate the way gas stations do prices. Your people aren't all crazy! Just mostly :>)
  • My folks owned a little country mercantile in Kansas back in the late seventies. Dad would deliberately switch his cent fractions back and forth to reflect the changes in the gas wars. We were 20 miles from the nearest station, so we pretty much set our own prices - 67 and 3/10 cents per gallon was commonly seen.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-17-06 AT 01:26PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I thought it was set by the employer (our owner company set ours at 72-80 per pay period is full time), but I made a couple of phone calls to make sure. I was told there is no law in Kansas regarding set hours for part time or full time work. It is set by the employer. I believe the dept I finally ended up talking to was Employment Standards (which I believe is part of the dept of labor). The number is 785-296-4062.

Good luck!

Nae