Alumni Gift Giving policy

I have been asked to prepare a policy in which our company would match any gift made by an employee to the college of their choice. Does anyone have a sample policy that they can share with me detailing the dollar limits and time frames if any? I've called several local colleges without any success.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Here is one policy that might help.

The Company encourages all regular full-time salaried employees to make financial contributions to educational institutions, hospitals, and cultural organizations. The Company will match contributions in the amount of $20 or more made by an employee up to an aggregate amount of $10,000 per year per employee as follows: A) Eligible educational institutions (elementary schools, secondary schools, colleges, and universities) -- 2 for 1. Example: Employee gives $100 - Company will donate $200. NOTE: Donations to athletic scholarship funds are not eligible for the Matching Gifts Program. B) Eligible hospitals and cultural organizations - 1 for 1. Example: Employees gives $100 - Company will donate $100.

I hope this helps.

• Thank you for the information. It has certainly given me a starting point.