Supervising Family

Could any of you send me a policy that you have stating 'we will not hire, transfer, promote an employee into a position that an immediate family member is supervising'?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have a policy that prohibits this for any family member that is "directly or indirectly" in any other family member's chain of command to prohibit any undue influence or appearance of impropriety. If you want it, just e-mail me.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • Here is one.

G. EMPLOYMENT OF RELATIVES

The Company may not employ a relative of a xyz trustee or employee unless approved by the Board of Trustees.
    If the hiring of a relative is approved, the employee may not be placed into a position where he/she is the immediate supervisor, or is in the direct line or indirect line of authority of another family member.
    If employees become related during their employment at xyz, employees must notify the Executive Director within 10 working days of becoming related. As soon as practicable, after the employee become related, action will be taken to ensure that the employee is not the immediate supervisor, or is in the direct or in-direct line of authority, of the other employee.
    If the Executive Director determines that, for a certain position(s) under consideration, the enforcement of this policy will be impracticable and cause an undue hardship to the xyz, the Executive Director may prepare a justification to the Board of Trustees. Factors that may be considered include but are not limited to, difficulty in recruiting applicants for the positions. After approval from the Board of Directors, exceptions to this policy will be put in writing, including but not limited to any special conditions or requirements and placed in the personnel files of related employees.