EE Satisfaction Survey

I am in the process of developing a Satisfaction Survey. I could use some examples if anyone has these. Also, do they improve your company's work environment? How do Employees respond to this? My email is [email]dhudak@hccadc.org[/email] Have a good day!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In a former life, the company I worked for insisted that we conduct such a survey. IMO it was time and effort wasted. You will get very few honest responses and when you do happen to get a "workable" suggestion or two and you implement one and not the other then you have someone really upset. I have found that the only true barometer reading you might get is from an exit interview/survey from EEs that voluntarily resign.
  • My company had circulated a survey just before I was hired. Some of the responses were off the wall. As Popeye says, it was a waste of time and energy. The Pres didn't get around to addressing the survey promptly, most of the "suggestions" were impossible to tackle, i.e. build a basketball court, etc.

What I did recently was have VOLUNTARY lunch meetings with our employees. I called it the Lunch Bunch and invited 12-14 employees from different departments. The company provided lunch and the employees provided their comments, concerns and complaints. I had these meetings twice a week, lasting 1 our, until all employees were invited. Only 4 employees refused to attend.

I then did a recap for the executives and the employees. The one thing you MUST do is address their concerns and suggestions. It has worked so well for us, that I am having Lunch Bunch II next month.
  • I love the Lunch Bunch idea!

We've done employee surveys by mail and got maybe 20% response if we were lucky. Same response rate for parent (customer) surveys when sending them via mail.

To improve parent responses, our Area Managers planted themselves in the lobby of each school during pick up time, armed with plates of cookies, clipboards/pens and a cute home-made mailbox. They greeted parents at the door, encouraged them to fill out the survey right then and there, and let them drop the surveys in the mailbox. Survey response was around 50% - a huge improvement - and there were plenty of comments along with "ratings".

Because we don't have a central lunch area (17 locations) and employees go on break maybe two at a time, I might try a variation of Lunch Bunch. Plant myself in the conference area with food that doesn't get icky too quickly so the "later" employees don't get congealed pizza.

I like it!
  • I used the Executive Conference Room. It gave the meeting more of an aura of importance. Also, had the same lunch ordered for each meeting. Didn't want anyone complaining about pizzia versus sandwiches.

Because I combined departments, there usually were only 2 people out of each department at a time. It also seemed that the employees were more comfortable to speak up. Oh, did I indicate that supervisors, department managers were not allowed???