Friday the 13th strikes

I woke up this morning went to flush the toilet and it overflowed. I didn't know the date, yet. Drove to work, got all the 'slow pokes' out there, not to mention the other drivers that cut me off to get around the 'slow pokes', still didn't know the date. Got to work, had a board of director member come in to sign paperwork, but the financial dept wasn't sure where the paperwork was, FOUND OUT THE DATE! I really hope this day gets better.... Does anyone have any good/bad stories about Friday the 13th?

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Only that that is the night that Jason rises from his watery grave to kill all the camp counselors at Crystal Lake. And you thought you were having a bad day!
  • I have to take off work early to go to my niece's wedding - we hope it lasts considering what day it is.
  • My 7 yr old decides this morning since its the last day of school...she can be late...so therefore took her time doing everything. Proceeds to play with her carpet dough (also known as Playdough). The dog decided to jump up and fling mud all over my clothes. We made it to school as the bell rang. Then I got behind a guy this morning that was drivin Miss Daisy, he would come to a complete stop at green lights to make a left turn, he'd make the left turn and go 5 miles an hour! I could have run faster than we were going! He was on his way to Home Depot so I guess he was in no hurry to get there. xx(

Finally made it to work! It has to get better!
  • Gee, now I feel bad crowing about the GREAT day I had two days ago. Hope your Fri./13 karma doesn't make it out this way. x:-)
  • So far so good - do you think it's the crossed fingers?
  • It's a great Friday the 13th, it's 11:37, I'm heading home at noon, loading up the truck with camping equipment and heading to the lake for the weekend! x:D
  • Hey Leslie, it may be colder here in NY than in AZ - and rainy, but just think our Friday the 13th will be over with long before it is for you. So, keep those fingers crossed.
  • Ray, anytime you're ready you can send some of the rain this way. We would think this is a lucky day if the heavens were to open. xpray
  • You can have our rain. It has rained more days here in central pa than not! I would be greatly thankful if you would take some of it away.....
  • Leslie, My daughter lives in the Phoenix area so I keep track of what is happening out there. Weather.com for Phoenix (and Columbus, OH for my son) is on my favorites list. She tells me it has cooled off to 98 or 99 lately. I'm sure Mesa is similar to Phoenix. A couple of days ago our paper showed a graph comparing southern NY with Phoenix for % available sun over the past 3 months. Phoenix was about 100% everyday, we hit the mid to high 90's about 3 or 4 times in that same period.Most days below 50%.

Seems like we could work out a trade.
  • Ray, Your daughter is right - It's been wonderful all week. However, we reach back into the dreaded hundreds today and I think from here on out there will be no looking back. And that means HOT and DRY for the next month or so, then HOT and muggy (alright, so 40 to 50 percent humidity is muggy to us) for the two months after that.

Didn't you say you were going to come visit? I'd wait until October!

And yes, Tempe (ASU, Fiesta Bowl) borders east side Phoenix, and Mesa borders east side Tempe.
  • Same here in NJ! I'm so sick of the rain. I feel like I've moved to Seattle or something.
  • This my Friday the 13th definitely strikes. I just got a call from our NJ branch. It seems that on Wednesday an employee showed up at work with a rash. Because the supervisor and some of the other ees were convinced she had monkeypox, the ee was sent home. Supervisor never contacted HR (please don't ask why or I'll scream). Today, the ee came in with a note saying she has poison ivy and can return to work. The supervisor finally called. Seems that many of the ees (including the #@$^%&;$ supervisor) are afraid that poison ivy is a contagious disease that can kill. Gotta go. I am dumping the problem on the plant manager (pun intended).
  • Probably because it was Friday the 13th on a particularly strange week. Among other things, the supervisor had told the ee that they were not entitled to pay for the time lost. Furthermore, the supervisor forget to tell me that the shop steward had come to him to discuss the matter and would be filing a grievance. The supervisor has to report to the plant manager. It is, therefore, the plant manager responsibility to deal with this supervisor.
  • I was just being silly because you told us to not ask why...but thanks for the response!
  • Bit slow, I know, but here's my .02. Friday night I went into the kitchen from the front porch ( where my husband and a couple of his friends were sitting) and had a bat flying around in my kitchen! The best part was my husband saw it from the front porch and thought it was a bird and I had no idea that this silent flyer was orbiting me as I moved back and forth in the
    kitchen! Ended up catching it in a fish net and letting it go from the front
    steps.