Forum status

If you're reading this, you probably know that Monday, July 19, is when we're scheduled to limit Forum access to newsletter subscribers only. We don't have an exact time because we need to make sure all our ducks are in an orderly line before pulling the switch. But I'd expect it to be after noon Central time.

I sent e-mails to all Forum members over the past few weeks. For various reasons, some people didn't receive my e-mails, so I'll do a recap in this l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g message. I hope you can just pick out the parts that apply to you.

[font color="red"][b]Please check your e-mail Monday morning for an important message about your Forum account.[/b] It'll be at the e-mail address you gave us for your Forum account.[/font] (If you're not sure which address it is, click on the e-mail icon [url]http://www.hrhero.com/employersforum/Images/email.gif[/url] above one of your Forum posts.)

In case you didn't receive our earlier e-mail, the Monday morning message will tell you what you need to do, if anything, in order to keep using the Forum. It's a bit complicated because we have so many people in different situations. x:-/ One of the categories below should include you:

[b]If you or someone else in your company is a subscriber[/b], please make sure the Monday e-mail recognizes you as a subscriber. If it does, just sit back and relax. x:-) If not, the e-mail will tell you what to do.

[b]If you're a subscriber but didn't receive the Forum e-mail Monday morning or a few weeks ago -[/b] You might want to make sure the Forum recognizes you as a subscriber. The Forum will recognize you if you use the same e-mail address for your subscription and the Forum.

Your subscription e-mail address is where you receive a monthly e-mail that says something like "Vermont Employment Law Letter available online." Your Forum e-mail address is the one you get by clicking on the e-mail icon [url]http://www.hrhero.com/employersforum/Images/email.gif[/url] above one of your Forum posts.

Or contact your customer service representative at [email]Forum@mleesmith.com[/email] or (800) 274-6774.

[b]If you DON'T subscribe to an HR Hero newsletter, and neither does anyone else in your company -[/b] Please check your Monday morning e-mail message. If you haven't received the Forum e-mail on Monday morning or a few weeks ago, here's the basic deal:

In order to keep access to the Forum, you (or someone else in your company) needs to be a subscriber to one of these newsletters:

- your state's Employment Law Letter,
- Federal Employment Law Insider,
- HR Insight,
- Benefits & Compensation Law Alert,
- Benefits & Compensation Law for Nonprofits, or
- our workers' comp newsletter in California, Texas, Michigan, Florida, or Tennessee.

Here's where you can read more about them:
[url]www.HRhero.com/employersforum/newsletters.shtml[/url]

If you have any questions about the Forum conversion or any newsletter, or you want to subscribe, contact Customer Service at [email]Forum@mleesmith.com[/email] or (800) 274-6774. Also give them a call if you're interested in subscribing but aren't sure.

[b]If you don't subscribe but you've contributed a lot of posts to the Forum -[/b] see this other thread:
[url]http://www.hrhero.com/employersforum/DCForumID14/5296.html[/url]

Whew! That's a lot of stuff to digest. If you have any general comments or questions about any of this, feel free to post them here or e-mail me.

If you have a specific question about how this affects you, please contact Customer Service at [email]Forum@mleesmith.com[/email] or (800) 274-6774. They can look up your account, answer your questions, and fix almost any problem.

James Sokolowski
HRhero.com
[email]WebEditor@HRhero.com[/email]

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well, we've put off the big switch until tomorrow morning (Tuesday). We caught a minor problem that would've caused some scattered login problems, so we decided to wait until morning to make sure it all shakes out.

If you don't subscribe to one of our newsletters yet, please take a minute to see if one of them would help you in your job:
    [url]http://www.hrhero.com/employersforum/newsletters.shtml[/url]
    (No, I don't get a commission — I just want everyone to have a chance to think about it before leaving.)

Subscribers: To avoid login trouble on Tuesday, please make sure that the Forum recognizes you as a subscriber. You should've received an e-mail message this morning saying you're a subscriber. If it said you're NOT a subscriber, or if you didn't receive the e-mail at all, please contact your customer service rep at [email]Forum@mleesmith.com[/email] or (800) 274-6774.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
    [email]WebEditor@HRhero.com[/email]