Voluntary Legal and Idenity Theft Benefits. Thoughts?

Hi all!  Anyone have any insight on these types of plans?  I have been approached a few times in past and jwas ust recently approached by a nice woman from a company called Legal Shield and Krol.  It seems to make sense and could be a benefit our employees would enjoy having access to.  She mentioned that they currently provide the benefit to companies such as Coco-Cola, Disney, Office Depot, she even said Oprah provides to it her employees.  Lol.  Anyways I figured if companies like those we're provding it to their employees it must be a solid product but figured I would check to see if anyone had any opinons, good or bad on a voluntary benefit that covers Identity theft and legal.  I have agreed to meet with their V.P. later this week but will cancel if I hear to much negative about the plan or the companies.  Thanks everybody!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We have Identity Theft benefits as part of our group life insurance plan.  It was just a 'free' added benefit, nothing we were marketing for.
  • I have many clients that use the identity theft and legal shield as part of compliance with the red flag program.  We use the tool as a means to educate the employees on how they can become victims of identity theft in hopes that through education that they will protect the company information, as well.  I would be happy to provide more detailed information if you require it. 
  • I have found that if you have too many voluntary benefits, depending on the cost, participation can suffer in many of them.  We provide the basics -- medical, dental, life, STD/LTD, etc and feel that our employees can generally find the others outside of their employment relationship.

I haven't found a huge cost savings for other benefits to be provided through the employer. Nor have I ever had an employee ask for them.

Now, if it is something the employer will provide at no cost to the employee, it might be worth it from the employer's standpoint and the poster above who might see some educational value to the employees.

• I have had the benefit for years and love the service also is a great way to be Red Flag compliant if a breach was to happen with company records

All my employees enrolled 

• HI, Yes. you should really see the VP. you can compare benefits later. if you haven't talked to them, it is great to listen on what they can offer.