Vacation and hous worked for the calculation of overtime

Do you include vacation as hours worked for the calculation of overtime? If so, are you a manufacturer? We are and we do not.  

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • No Vacation does not count towards OT. No I am not a manufacturer.
  • As a general rule, federal and state overtime laws only require that actual hours worked be included in the calculation of overtime.  This means that vacation, sick days, and holidays are not included.  It is important to consider whether there is a policy or collective bargaining agreement where the company may have agreed to include these items in the calculation of overtime hours--unlikely, but worth taking a look especially if you have a CBA in place.
  • Hi, First time poster here. I'm modifying a timesheet (attached below) I found online. Lunch is not paid. Holiday and vacation hours get calculated at the regular pay rate. Overtime is anything in excess of 8 hours per day and/or in excess of 40 hours per week and/or over 5 working days per week. Saturdays for most the employees will be overtime because it will be their 6th workday of the week; but it will be regular time for one employee as it will only be his 5th workday of the week. For accounting and payroll purposes, we need the totals to display in both hour and decimal format. So far, I have Lunch, Regular and Overtime hours figured out, but I still need help with Saturday, Vacation and Holiday hours. Also, currently, the time in and out has to be typed in with the colon and AM or PM. Is there another way to input the info without having to type in those items? I'm trying to make it as user friendly as possible. Any assistance or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.