The Biggest Loser, Release form

Hello,

We are starting a Biggest Loser contest here at our company, and we want to have a release form for participants to sign. Does anyone have a form or know how I can obtain a release form for this purpose?

Thanks!
Becky

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'd also be interested in the release. If your contest is affiliated with [url]www.biggestloserclub.com[/url], there is a release on the website. However, it only releases the show and related corporate entities ("sponsors") from liability, NOT the employers of the participants.
  • I made one up to use. See below:

RELEASE FORM
    I _________________________ certify and acknowledge:
    1) That Oakstone Publishing, LLC has advised me, prior to my commencement of participation in a weight loss program, that such participation could result in
    physical illness or injury.
    2) That I _____________________ freely and knowingly assume the risks in such program and I hereby waive any right, claim or cause of action against Oakstone Publishing, LLC or Haights Cross Communications, Inc. and release them from any liability for any injury, cost, damage, expense or claim, which I or anyone on my behalf might have as a direct or indirect result of my participation in this weight loss program.
    3) That:I ________________________ have read the foregoing, understand
    and agree with each of the foregoing and have received a copy of this
    Release Form on the date described below.
    Print Name _________________________
    Date _____________________
    Signature __________________________

• I'd run this by an attorney first.

Offhand, I don't see anything advising them to check with a doctor before starting the program. It might enable a bulemic or ???