ACU Frank

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • He's hiding in shame after you posted his picture.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-25-07 AT 10:35AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I wish...

I've actually been holed up preparing our defense in a pending lawsuit.

Recently-terminated commercial loan officer (who generated ZERO loans in 10 months) is threatening a series of suits unless we pay her an amount equal to the commissions we paid on the commercial loans everyone else generated.

Obviously, it sounds ridiculous. But her attorney's posture is nothing short of extortion. He's been quite open with the fact that they possibly wouldn't win, but would depose every employee, every member of the board of directors, and every customer of the loan department. That would be not only a major (and expensive) disruption, but could cause employees and customers alike to wonder whether we've done something wrong. Very ugly situation, and just one more in a long list of problems I inherited here. The more time I spend on these issues, of course, the less time I have to make sure I'm preventing new ones. As I like to say, If I spend all day cleaning the cages I don't have time to feed the monkeys.

Edited to add:

What picture?
  • Look in the legal section under the Casual Friday thread, post #2.
  • Sorry to hear that Frank. Hope you can rejoin the fun soon.
  • Please let me know the specific thread. I want to see what Frank looks like too!
    Cheer up Frank. I have been working on one that the claimant's atty threw in another complaint alleging because of our industry we should have know that X had Y. Totally outrageous and unwarranted. Just thrown in there since the 300 days time was running out and they felt they needed more than the one complaint-a little Kung Pao Chicken move if you ask me.